Why It’s A Good Idea To Hire People Who Have Lived Experiences

Posted

– Stevie Nicks is the Digital Editor at Just Another Magazine – a website that covers the topics many care about. One will find articles about lifestyle, travel, fashion, trends and relationships – each of which is written in their unique style.    It cannot be understated how important making the right hiring decisions is… read more

The CARES Act Employee Retention Tax Credit: Challenges and Opportunities

Posted

ADP – Spark Team The CARES Act ERTC is complex, making it a challenge for companies to determine their overall eligibility. As John F. Kennedy famously observed, the Chinese word “crisis” is composed of two characters, one representing danger and the other, opportunity. When it comes to the CARES Act Employee Retention Tax Credit (ERTC),… read more

Consolidated Appropriations Act Includes Coronavirus Relief

Posted

ADP The Act includes many forms of stimulus and support, such as extensions and changes to earlier COVID-related legislation and other measures of interest to employers. On December 27, 2020, the Consolidated Appropriations Act (The Act) was signed into law in order to provide further stimulus and support to organizations and individuals affected by the… read more

Prioritizing People Analytics: 6 HR-Driven Data Trends for 2021

Posted

By Doug Bonderud – ADP As organizations adapt to new workplace realities, there’s an uptick in “people analytics” to improve performance and boost employee engagement. But what does this look like in practice? Here’s a look at six HR-driven data trends for 2021. The world of work has changed. Due to COVID-19, data trends and… read more

Labor Department’s independent contractor rule may not stand for long

Posted

By Michael Cohn – Accounting Today The U.S. Department of Labor’s new rule for defining an employee vs. an independent contractor is likely to be challenged in the incoming Biden administration as well as the court, but it does provide some helpful guidance for companies struggling with how to adapt to the new gig economy…. read more

Dealing with Disruption in HR: 4 Lessons from Among Us

Posted

By Liz Alton – ADP Disruption in HR is today’s reality. The HR office isn’t a spaceship demanding teamwork for survival, but the popular video game Among Us offers collaboration tips that can help HR teams thrive during times of disruption. If you have school-aged kids, nieces, nephews, or grandchildren, chances are they’re playing Among… read more

9 Ways To Give Effective Employee Feedback

Posted

By David Hassell – Human Resources Today Employee feedback is an incredibly powerful tool. If offered properly, it has the ability to grow and develop the people of your organization, improve the levels of trust and communication, and strengthen bonds between employees and managers. But unfortunately, feedback is often ignored or omitted entirely in an… read more

Is the quality of your hires the most important test of good leadership?

Posted

By Todd McKinnon – Fast Company At least 90% of my evaluation of any leader is the quality of people they get to work for them, and teamwork and judgment comprise the other 10%. I recently tweeted about this calculation and followed up by sharing how I assess newly hired leaders on the caliber of people who… read more

The New Challenges Facing Executive Leadership, and How to Rise Above Them

Posted

By Tiffany Pham – Entrepreneur Executive leaders have always had their share of challenges. From developing strategic opportunities to empowering their workforce, the pillars of leadership haven’t changed. And the best leaders are always those who can adapt quickly. But a lot has changed, and our current world brings us unique challenges. As we turn the calendar to the new year, the… read more