SEARCH OUR OPEN JOBS NOW
When a Relocation Prompts a
Letter of Resignation Sample
When Relocating Prompts A Resignation Letter Sample
Relocation out of the area is another very common subject in letters of resignation. When a relocation prompts you to have to resign, you can deliver your message professionally and be as vague or descriptive as you deem necessary in the process of notifying your employer. You may not choose to disclose that you’re relocating for a new job, or you may want to go as far as including your new address or contact information, for additional communication. Again, your individual situation will dictate those choices, however, displaying professionalism in all dealings with your employer should be your main goal. We’ve got a great sample letter of resignation below, for you to consider.
- Be sure to understand all the terms of any employment contracts you’ve signed as well as any subsequent non-compete clauses or other terms that might be enforced upon your resignation or affect your future employment.
- Make every effort possible to NOT discuss your plans with any co-workers prior to advising your supervisor, to avoid a situation where your supervisor hears the news from someone else in the workplace.
- Have your resignation letter completed and signed, and bring it with you when you meet your supervisor.
- Ask to speak to your supervisor privately, so that you can advise them verbally of your intentions and personally deliver your letter. You may wish to have the conversation first and then follow up with the official letter.
- Keep the tone of your letter and conversation positive and respectful and be sure to advise them of your last day of work and of your intentions to continue to work hard until your very last minute on the job.
- You should be proactive in doing everything you can to leave the best possible impression on your employer.
- You may want to include a forwarding address or contact information in case your supervisor or Human Resources needs to contact you in the future.
When Relocating Prompts A Resignation Letter Sample:
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Phone Number
Your Supervisor’s Name
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name:
Please accept this letter as notice of my resignation from Smith Incorporated, effective thirty days from today, on July 28, 2019. I will be relocating with my family to the Washington, DC area shortly thereafter.
I am very appreciative to Smith’s leadership team for providing me with the opportunity to be part of such an exceptional organization. I have thoroughly enjoyed the 4 years I’ve spent with this team and will miss everyone dearly.
I will make myself available at your convenience to discuss the status of my current projects or any other matters that might be helpful to manage this transition.
I can be reached at the above address through August 7, 2019. After that date, I can be reached at 247 W. 76th St, Arlington, VA 22211. My mobile phone number will remain the same.
Please let me know if you have any questions or need any further information.
Your Typed Name