SEARCH OUR OPEN JOBS NOW
When You Absolutely
~ Can’t Provide Any Notice ~
Resignation Letter Sample
When You Absolutely Can’t Provide Any Notice – Resignation Letter Sample
Sometimes circumstances beyond your control may put you in a situation where you are unable to provide any or less than two weeks notice of your resignation to your employer. While this is not ideal or recommended by any means, one should not overlook the opportunity to extend and display the absolute maximum amount of professionalism possible, in the face of this type of difficult situation.
This resignation letter sample provides your employer with a letter for your file and also suggests that you’ve done everything you can to remain professional in this difficult situation.
There’s never a wrong time to do the right thing.
- Let’s face it, this a difficult situation to navigate and still leave your employer with a positive impression of you and the terms of your resignation. Honesty and humility in all of your communications, both written and verbal, can prove to be most effective in these circumstances.
- Ask to speak to your supervisor privately, so that you can advise them face to face, of your intentions.
- Even though you may not be able to work out an actual notice, prepare and have your resignation letter completed and signed and deliver it in person.
- Depending on the nature of your situation, you may or may not wish to verbally share additional insights with your supervisor about the reasons for your leaving without notice. The more insight you can share, the better they may be able to understand why you’re choosing to leave without a traditional notice.
- You never know if or when you might require a reference in the future, therefore you want to make every effort to be open and truthful with your employer…and be sure to create a professional resignation letter for your personnel file.
When You Absolutely Can’t Provide Any Notice – Resignation Letter Sample:
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Phone Number
Your Supervisor’s Name
Name of the Organization
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Mr./Ms. Grey (your supervisor),
I am providing this letter to serve as official notice of my immediate resignation from Davison Consulting.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for being unable to provide you and the Davidson Team with a notification that includes a minimum two-week notice. Unforeseen and deeply personal circumstances are such that I must leave immediately to attend to them properly.
I am appreciative for the opportunity to work for an incredible organization such as this, and I hope that the last four years have proven me to be an employee who is committed to their work and to the team’s goals and objectives. I am so very grateful to have worked with everyone here at Davidson and for every opportunity that has been afforded to me.
I thank you for your patience and understanding during this most difficult time.
I wish you and Davidson Consulting every success in the future.
Your Typed Name