SEARCH OUR OPEN JOBS NOW
Resigning for a New Job –
Letter of Resignation Sample
Resigning for a New Job – Letter of Resignation Sample
A large number of resignations are prompted by the employee getting a new, or even a better job offer with another company. When this is the case, it’s important to communicate your message in a professional tone that is both appreciative and complimentary of your time with the company. There is no need to provide editorial comments or to be “salty” about the reasons for your resignation. In fact, doing so can only serve to work against you and can ultimately damage your reputation as a professional.
Your letter does not need to include the details or reasons for your resignation, but you can very briefly mention that you are moving on to accept a new position with a different company. The details of such do not need to be in writing.
Don’t forget the basics: be positive; be appreciative; provide as much notice as possible – with no less than two weeks and be sure to advise them of your last day of work.
Below you’ll find a sample resignation letter informing the employer that the employee is resigning due to a new job opportunity. You can modify this resignation letter sample to suit your individual situation.
- Make every effort possible to NOT discuss your plans with any co-workers prior to advising your supervisor to avoid a situation where your supervisor hears the news from someone else in the workplace.
- Have your resignation letter completed and signed, and bring it with you when you meet your supervisor.
- Ask to speak to your supervisor privately, so that you can also advise them verbally of your intentions and personally deliver your letter.
- Keep your conversation positive and respectful and be sure to advise them of your last day of work and of your intentions to continue to work hard until your very last minute on the job.
- Thank them for the opportunity and the experience that you’ve gained while working with them and the organization.
Resigning for a New Job – Letter of Resignation Sample:
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Phone Number
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name:
I am writing this letter to serve as official notification of my resignation from the position of Sales Associate at More Than Electronics, Inc. I have been offered a new job opportunity with Taft Online Services and have made the decision to accept the offer to work in their Charleston office. This new opportunity will allow me to reduce my daily travel time and continue to grow in my role with the organization.
My last day of employment with More Than Electronics will be May 31, 2019.
I am extremely grateful for my experiences here at MTE and will always look upon my time here as being positive and beneficial. I will miss working with you and all of the talented people on this team.
I appreciate your support and understanding, and I wish you and the MTE team all the very best. Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance during the last few weeks of my time here.
Your Typed Name