SEARCH OUR OPEN JOBS NOW
The Digital Resignation Letter Sample
Emailing a Letter of Resignation
The Digital Resignation Letter Sample via Email
The actual method of delivery of your letter of resignation is probably not the most critical factor in a situation like this. Displaying a sense of responsibility and professionalism, however, are very critical no matter what the circumstances of your resignation. Make the choice to conduct yourself professionally.
Whenever possible, your notice or letter of resignation should be delivered in person. In lieu of that, the next option would be to schedule a phone conversation to personally advise your supervisor of your plans and of your intended last day of work. That conversation can be followed up with the email delivery of your formal letter of resignation.
Sending an unexpected email to your supervisor containing your letter of resignation without any type of warning or prior discussion is not recommended – ever.
Even though your formal letter of resignation will be delivered via email, you will still want to follow the basic rules of professionalism and Human Resources protocols. Format and compose your letter in the same manner as if you were delivering it in person or via traditional mail.
- If your work environment prevents you from having a face to face discussion with your supervisor, make every possible effort to first schedule a phone discussion to personally advise them of your plans and then you can follow up the call with the email containing the letter of resignation for your personnel file.
- Do NOT discuss your plans with any co-workers prior to advising your supervisor, to avoid a situation where your supervisor hears the news from someone else in the workplace.
- Have your resignation letter formatted properly, and ensure that it contains a clear notice of your plans and of your last day of work.
- Keep the tone of your letter and conversation positive and respectful and be sure to advise them of your last day of work and of your intentions to continue to work hard until your very last minute on the job.
- You should be proactive in doing everything you can to leave the best possible impression on your employer.
The Digital Resignation Letter Sample via Email:
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Phone Number
Your Supervisor’s Name
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name:
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me yesterday about my resignation from Blue Chip Investments. Per our phone conversation, this email will serve as formal notification of my resignation as Regional Sales Manager, effective three weeks from today on September 15, 2019.
Thank you for the opportunities you have provided me during my time with the company. I wish you and the entire firm continued success. If I can be of any assistance during this transition, please let me know.
Your Typed Name